BJC’s commitment to social responsibility helps raise the quality of life in Thai communities, in particular by sponsoring the underprivileged through annual scholarships for undergraduates at state universities. The company also continues to deliver on its commitment to provide academic advancement to underprivileged children in remote rural regions throughout Thailand. BJC is also aware of the need for a better environment. As a result, it is following environmentally-friendly practices, including reforestations and recycling programmes. In 2012, BJC Group are jointly running several projects that are beneficial to the community by expanding previous and developing new initiatives as follow:
Berli Jucker Public Company Limited
- Join Forces to Eliminate Osteoporosis: Love Bone Project
Berli Jucker Public Company Limited (BJC), a supporter of the project, publicly announced ‘Join Forces to Eliminate Osteoporosis: Love Bone Project’ on August 14th, 2012 at Berli Jucker House.This project is established by Thai Osteoporosis Foundation Under the patronage of HRH Princess Galyani Vadhana Krom Luang Naradhiwas Rajanagarindhra (TOPF), which educates people about osteoporosis. The disease is a silent threat lurking in Thai society and Thais have a higher tendency of catching the disease.
In 2012, TOPF, with the support of BJC on the occasion of its 130th anniversary, arranged academic courses to educate primary school teachers at four locations,
BJC also published 13,000 copies of the Osteoporosis Prevention Manual which were distribued to teachers and the general public. Another major activity was a 3.5 km walking rally on 24 November 2012 to promote the project at Queen Sirikit National Convention Center. At the event, BJC group staff joined forces with the TOPF network to raise awareness of osteoporosis among Thai people. Over 1,500 people joined the event.
- Queen Sirikit National Convention Center, Bangkok (6 September),
- Nakhon Si Thammarat (12 October), - Chiang Rai (1 November) and
- Surin (21 December).
- Remote School
Continuation of the BJC “Remote School” project in 2012 by contributing a 3-classroom building with lavatory, educational supplies and teaching aids, as well as complementary company’s consumer products to the Lions Club (Ban Angsila) at a total value of Baht 1,350,000
- Presented a multipurpose building to Mongnoiprachasamuckee School in Nakhonsawan Province.
On 16th March 2008, The Remote School Committee in Conjunction with Berli Jucker Staff, led by Khun Aswin Techajareonvikul, presented a multipurpose building to Mongnoiprachasamuckee School in Nakhonsawan Province.
Thai Glass Industries
TGI jointly invited 4 BJC Group Companies the programmes of “CSR – Charitable Activity” – to Bangkaew Prachasan at Bangplee under the theme “Schooling the donation needy” due to their classroom’s damage by fired which has been organized to present the raised fund of Bht.72,905 by individual representative of Group
Companies on June 3, 2010 at the School as part of the recent TGI 2010 CSR’s Programmes.
“Wan Kaew Project”
TGI employees joined the charity campaign and community relations activity with EGAT. The donation of eye glasses, lens, and money were contributed to the fund in patronage of HRH Maha Chakkri Sirindhorn, “Wan Kaew Project”. EGAT’s representatives, Khun Thawach Watjanapornsit and Khun Roj Kampatee received the donations from TGI’s representatives on April 9, and July 31, 2009
- “Knowledge Community Project”
To promote TGI as one of knowledge providers in the community, TGI executives welcomed the visit of students and teachers from Jaengron Wittaya, a secondary school in Ratburana District. The 50 students and teachers in M3 and M4 visited TGI Ratburana Plant for learning in the glass production and recycle processes.
Berli Jucer Cellox
Khun Rachpong Pruchyaphinan, General Manager, Berli Jucker Cellox Ltd. as our company representative donates the tissue papers to Assistant District Officer of Bangplee, Samuthprakarn for supporting the Samuthprakarn Red Cross activities, "Phra Samut Chedi Temple & Red Cross Fair", on 19th -30th October, which is an annual local fair. The activities have been arranged 12 days by aiming to distribute the profits for social fund further.
On 9th January 2009, Berli Jucker Cellox Limited sponsors our products, our BJC group products and ice creams to children at Ban Yannawing School, Tumbol Tatoom, Ampher Srimahapoth, Prachinburi in the National Children's Day.
On 17th December 2008, Berli Jucker Cellox Limited sponsors our products, books, sport equipment, education equipment, foods for lunch, ice creams and joins games activities with students at Special Education School, Tambol Nonhom, Ampher Muang, Prachinburi which is the school for disable children in brain and hearing)
Berli Jucker Foods
- Support to schools under the “Dream Sharing for 3rd Grader” project of BJC Foods with donations of books and utensils for library, sport equipment, teaching aids and supplies to Wat Ladwai School, Amphur Bangbor, Samutprakarn, Pakamai School, Amphur Poppra, Tak, uasriprom School, Amphur Chiengkum, Payao and Banhong School, Amphur Viengpapao, Chiengrai. Beside, BJC Foods also held activities to create nature and environmental conservation awareness among children by taking part in the mangrove growing activities in Samutsongkram.
- On March 9th, 2009. BJF's staffs joined caring for community activities are as cleaning, renovate library, reparing hardware in computer Lab and joined lunch together with "Klongbanrakard's students" in Samutprakan.
- Provided useful tips to communities on producing a lemon-formula dish-washing liquid for home use as a cost-saving option and career-support benefit for local communities. Rubia Industries Ltd. also participated in the government’ s “keep every canal water clean” program as part of the government’ s national flood prevention project.
- On 7th May 2009, the Social Relations Committees 2009, Rubia Industrial Limited visits 90 families around the company area to inquire after their living and provides Parrot soaps to them as well.
On National Children Day, 6th January 2009, TSS has contributed some stationery and money to support 2 schools and 1 Police Station in Rayong area to organize Children’s Day Function. This activity supported our employee to build up to realize of sharing, caring for community, get together of company culture, employees participating.
On 13th May 2009, TSS has donated some computer and office accessory to Wat Suan Kaew, Nonthaburi.
On 8th April 2009 TSS employees has contributed some clothes, stuff, and money to Eastern Child Welfare Protection Home, Huay Pong, Mabtaphut, Rayong.